The Microsoft Security Compliance Manager provides basic security features centralized management, a reference portfolio, adaptability and flexibility to export basic security to accelerate your organization's ability to effectively manage the process safety and compliance for Microsoft technologies most widely used.
Key Features and Benefits
• Central management of portfolio and benchmark: The central management console Security Compliance Manager provides a consistent user experience from beginning to end plan to design and security baselines for export. The tool gives you full access to a wide range of recommended baselines for Windows ® client and server operating systems and Microsoft applications. The Security Compliance Manager, you can quickly update the latest versions of Microsoft Basic and take advantage of version control base.
• Baseline Security Customization: Customization, comparing, merging, and reviewing baselines you never been easier. Now you can adapt the new ways of Security Compliance Manager one of the baselines, duplicate recommended by Microsoft for the Windows client and server operating systems and Microsoft applications quickly and change security settings to meet the environmental standards of your organization.
• Capacity to export multiple baselines for export to formats such as XLS, Policy Object (GPO), the desired configuration management (DCM), or packages Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) for automating the deployment and compliance tracking database.
• The baseline of security for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 Hyper-V, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, the BitLocker Drive Encryption, Windows Internet Explorer 8, Microsoft Office 2010 and Microsoft Office 2007 SP2
• The recruitment pack for Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8
• Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
• This toolkit is designed to work with System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and Desired Configuration Management (DCM) function.
• Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel file formats, and PowerPoint (free download) can be used to open, edit and save documents, workbooks, and presentations in the file formats new to Microsoft Office 2007.
• Microsoft Word or Microsoft Word Viewer (free download) can be used to view Word documents.
The Security Compliance Manager-Start Guide is available on the official Microsoft site. Download this guide in order to adapt quickly and Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool. The guide also includes a brief tutorial on using the CMS tool to implement and monitor security, the basis for the last server and client operating systems from Microsoft.